18 January 2011

Trish's Mind Bending Motorway Mix



Shortly before she fell ill, the late Trish Keenan made a mix CD for friends last December. One of those friends has uploaded the mix to Soundcloud in tribute.

"Sorry I don't have a tracklist," the friend writes. "To be honest I like it that way. I think it's less about who you're listening to on this compilation and more about the fact you are listening to something that Trish took time to select and compile for me and in turn yourselves. Please just enjoy the music."

It definitely sounds like something Trish Keenan would put together--psychedelic, cinematic, bewitching, and ultimately very poppy. In other words, great.

Elsewhere on the web, Jess Harvell posts an appreciation of Keenan that I think rings true: "It's hard not to feel like the world lost a major fantasist, an unassuming creator of dreamy other worlds, one who just chose music over books or film."

Thinking of you fondly, Ms. Keenan, wherever you are.

No comments: