19 January 2011

The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger



I've always liked Sean Lennon, although, admittedly, I've always given him a pass, too, because of his father. This latest music venture of his, however, seems to bring him into the perfect balance of beauty and fragility that I knew he could be capable of. Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger (GOASTT) is the band he created with his girlfriend Charlotte Kemp Muhl, and for me, it is the comforting backdrop to these pensive Winter days.. I've been listening to the vinyl of 'Accoustic Sessions' a lot (which comes with an added mp3 album download), and recommend it for those nights when you just want a bit of quiet and a bit of wine..

They are also touring smaller venues this Winter and put on an amazing show.. Go see them if chance allows.. x

GOASTT - 'Dark Matter, White Noise'

2 comments:

madmadcat said...

bit of a new direction for Sean, a far cry from Cibo Matto for sure. Though I guess he didn't have much say in that band, that was all about Yuka Honda...

robot hero said...

i think he was dating yuka honda at that time, as well. mmm, yuka honda. and miho hatori ain't no slouch, either.