30 November 2010

Computer Games

Hanging out with cousin tonight. Hadn't seen her in a while, so we were catching up on our latest obsessions. Roundabout conversation led to a discussion of David Bowie, Ryuichi Sakamoto (she had just purchased a movie called Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence) and Yellow Magic Orchestra. I remember the first time I had heard Computer Games, I was in junior high school at the time. Back then, this is what the future sounded like.

Yellow Magic Orchestra > Computer Games

2 comments:

madmadcat said...

Always good to hear a little YMO. I once had the high score in my neighborhood on Space Invaders, Defender and Ms Pac Man. Couldn't touch me.

robot hero said...

i could never get the hang of space invaders or ms pac man. i was pretty good at defender and asteroids. i could run asteroids for 4+ hours on a quarter regularly. something mesmerizing about shooting those boulders. do you remember scramble? it was a side-scrolling space shooter. i was really good at that one too. i probably missed my calling in the armed forces.