25 October 2009

The Road

Last week I finished reading Cormac McCarthy's The Road. This is the sort of story I really enjoy. I liked the fact that the author didn't focus so much on what led to this post-apocalyptic world. In fact, he doesn't detail what happened or how it came to this, even the two main characters are unnamed. Almost everything is about the here and now. Anyway, without going into too much detail as I don't want to spoil it more than I already have, I was excited to learn that a movie adaptation has already been made and is going to drop next month. It's directed by John Hillcoat, who directed 2005's The Proposition, which is one of my favorite movies. The music is being done by Nick Cave and Warren Ellis, who have scored The Proposition and The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. So far, this has all the makings of something pretty cool. Well, let's say I am cautiously optimistic. The site for the movie is here, and you can check out the trailer below.

THE ROAD (2009) Official Trailer from THE ROAD on Vimeo.

No comments: